I’m very excited about the new offer from the American Express Surpass Card. This is without a doubt the best offer I have ever seen from a hotel credit card! Although it’s not the first time this card has offered 100,000 sign-up points, it’s very rare. However there’s a significant added perk that makes this the best offer I have seen for a hotel credit card. Before I get to the special perk, let’s quickly review the other details of this offer:
- Spend $3,000 in the first three months and receive 100,000 Hilton Honors Points
- Earn 12x points on all dollars spent within the Hilton family
- Earn 6x points on all dollars spent at gas stations, restaurants, and grocery stores
- Earn 3X points on all other dollars spent
- Enjoy complimentary gold status with Hilton
- $75 annual fee
Of course the 100,000 points is the main lure to this card, but don’t discount the automatic gold status which gets you these additional perks:
- 25% Elite Status Bonus: Receive a 25% bonus on all the HHonors Base Points you earn.
- 5th Night Free: Book a room for four nights with points and get the 5th night free.
- Complimentary Internet
- Complimentary access to fitness centers and health clubs
- Two complimentary bottles of water upon arrival
- Free Room Upgrades: Subject to availability
- Free Access to executive lounges: Only available at certain properties
If you’re interested in traveling to some elite and exotic properties, the 100,000 point bonus could potentially be worth over $1,000.
This offer alone makes the Hilton American Express card a great deal, but there’s still one more perk I haven’t told you about. In addition to all of the bonuses mentioned above, on your one year anniversary date you receive one free weekend night at any Hilton property in the world! Given that the most elite properties cost 95,000 points per night, this extra perk essentially doubles this offer from Hilton. After your one year anniversary you could go stay at one of the most elite hotels in the world for free for two nights (one with your bonus points and one with the bonus free night)!
Obviously there are lots of ways to use 100,000 points. You could get 20 free nights at Hilton’s lowest tier hotels that only cost 5,000 points or blow them all on one amazing resort hotel! When it comes to the free weekend night, I highly recommend you use that at one of their finest properties to get the most bang for your buck. There are a few other cards out there that allow you to transfer their reward points to Hilton, so there are possibilities for racking up even more points to allow yourself to book a 3,4, or even 5 night stay at a top tier property. There’s also the possibility that both you and your spouse sign-up for this offer and together you’d have 200,000 points plus two free weekend nights after your anniversary. There are lots of options, so contact me if I can help you plan a trip!